Peter Measey, Chairman and Founder of Radtac | Gustav Björkeroth, CEO of Radtac
Embrace change. One of the underlying principles of the Agile manifesto and a mantra we like to guide ourselves by at Radtac. Sometimes you have to embrace change to allow for new, great things to happen.
Along these lines, we would like to announce a new milestone for Radtac: as of this month, Radtac will have a new CEO. Peter Measey, now Chairman and Founder of Radtac, is handing over the CEO role to Gustav Björkeroth, after having been in the CEO seat for the last 20 years.
Everyone at Radtac is looking to the future with excitement, and looking back with gratitude for everything that Peter has accomplished. We hope that you will join us on this new part of our journey with equal excitement.
For now, we would like to pass on a message from both Peter and Gus - one about what the CEO experience has meant to them, and one about the plans and vision for Radtac’s future.
A word from Peter Measey, ex-CEO, Chairman and Founder of Radtac
After nearly 20 years as a founder and CEO of Radtac the time has come to hand over the reins to a safe pair of hands with the same values, beliefs and drive that I have, and for me to move into a more strategically-focussed role as Radtac Founder and Chairman.
The last 20 years have been a blast. The best work decision I ever made was to form Radtac with a few other chaps in 1998.
A few personal highlights for me in the last 20 years have included:
- Having the honour to always work with a great team, especially the current team that we have in place. I’m extremely proud that the vast majority of people who have moved on from Radtac are still friends and colleagues.
- Having the opportunity to work worldwide with some great companies. Both my personal journey and the opportunities I’ve been offered to work with brilliant people and organisations have been incredible. I’m looking forward to dedicating more of my time over the next 20 years with Radtac to help more great companies become even more brilliant.
- Being part of the team that has developed a scalable, fast-growing business with a continuing vision to ‘create a world of work that is engaging, meaningful and transforms people’s lives’.
A few things we’ve achieved as a company:
- Creation of the leading specialist Agile services brand in the UK.
- Significant growth from a group of one or two trainers into a business of 30+ full time employees with an unparalleled worldwide associate base.
- Evolving from a company who ran a few training courses for British Airways into a worldwide Consulting, Delivery and Training powerhouse that provides the premier portfolio of Lean, Agile and Kanban services in the world.
- Transforming from a couple of trainers, to a fully formed business with a ‘plug and play’ capability into other geographies. We currently have offices in London, Kent and Leeds, and have recently launched into the US and Asia. We are also launching into other locations in the near future.
Radtac’s new CEO, Gustav Björkeroth, has the same values and beliefs that I have, so I rest assured that the vision and values of Radtac are safe. Gus is totally customer-focussed, and he will ensure that the Radtac legacy of providing only the best possible services for our clients continues into the future.
It’s been a great first 20 years for Radtac and I am now looking forward to the next 20. And on this note I’d like to hand over to Gus, so that we can hear from him.
A word from Gustav Björkeroth, CEO of Radtac
Firstly, it’s a huge thanks from me to Peter, for having provided Radtac with the platform we now have to move into our next stage of growth. But it's an even bigger thank you to all of our people, who continue to provide Radtac with the opportunity to build on our fantastic heritage, and be the best in the market. I am hugely fortunate to be inheriting such a brilliant team.
As a Professional Services company, I understand how important our IP is as an asset. Our materials, methods, toolkits, models and thought leadership are all priceless. But I also understand that all of these assets, while unique to Radtac, are people-driven in their use. So it is our people, both our permanent employees and our core associates, who are the heart of our business, and who are on the front line delivering value to our customers.
These are the people Radtac will continue to be built around, and these are the people who will continue to shape our future. As CEO it is my job to continue to provide the operating platform that allows our brilliant people to be brilliant.
Over the next few years, we are faced with some tremendously exciting opportunities in our market. In Europe, APAC and the US, the demand to scale Agile is increasing at pace and will continue to do so, while the emerging economies are now starting to adopt and embrace Agile practices across many industries, not just those led by European and US headquarters. At the C-Suite level, we are seeing the continued increase of interest and engagement in Agile Business Transformation.
All of these opportunities unite to create an exciting opportunity to transform enterprises globally, to meet customers’ insatiable appetite for speed of delivery, flexibility and user centricity.
Of course, every opportunity has its accompanying challenges, especially in the UK and US, where organisations are operating under tightening skills and labour markets, with a range of policy factors impacting on the availability to secure the right people, with the right skills, at the right cost. The need for companies to do more with their apprenticeships and training, and to create meaningful work experiences for their employees and interims has never been greater.
But for those who embrace the challenges, the benefits on offer are significant. It is our purpose at Radtac to help all our customers realise these benefits.
This is an exciting time to be working in the world of Agile and Transformation. I believe Radtac can genuinely make a transformative difference to companies around the world by providing an integrated service portfolio that can enable global enterprises to realise the benefits of Agile and Lean working.
I look forward immensely to being on this journey as we move into this exciting future. I believe we have some great times ahead.
Here’s to the future and the next 20 years.