We’ve compiled a list of 29 blogs around Agile, that you can check out and ultimately add to your reading list, so that you can keep up with news and insights from others.
Reading list tip: Use a tool like Feedly to add the sites/blogs you would like to follow. Feedly then lets you see all the posts/articles feeds in one place - your Feedly dashboard.
Back to the list: have a look at the blogs and sites below and see which ones grab your attention. Please note: the order is not necessary relevant to the blogs’ importance or ranks.
29 Agile blogs for you to check out:
Blogs from professional bodies
- The Scrum Alliance Community, packed with articles from members around creative Scrum implementations and best practices.
- The Association for Project Management Blog is part of the APM communtiy, where members share their knowledge and insights.
- The BCS blog features ‘comment and opinion on all the burning sessions in IT’.
Blogs from Agile Manifesto creators
- Scrum Inc blog, featuring content from the co-creator of Scrum: Jeff Sutherland.
- Ken Schwaber’s blog, featuring content from Scrum’s co-creator Ken Schwaber.
- Alistair Cockburn’s blog, with content from one of the creators of the Agile Manifesto.
- Martin Fowler’s articles - from a creator of the Agile Manifesto.
- Ron Jeffries’ site - hear from one of the co-creators of the XP methodology.
Scaled Agile blogs
- Scaled Agile Framework blog where you can find articles from the creator of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- The Disciplined Agile blog, which talks about the Process Decision Framework for Enterprise I.T.
- Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) blog - blog posts around the LeSS framework.
Other interesting blogs
- The Mountain Goat Software blog, featuring posts about succeeding with Agile from Mike Cohn.
- Coaching Agile Teams, by Lyssa Adkins.
- Elegant Code, ‘a blogging community of passionate software developers, architects, and technologists’.
- David J Anderson and Associates blog, articles from the initiator of Kanban.
- All About Agile by Kelly Waters - ‘Agile Development Made Easy’.
- J.D. Meier’s Blog, posts about Software Engineering, Project Management, and Effectiveness.
- Dr Dobb’s - ‘The world of software development’.
- Lean Enterprise Institute’s articles page, part of their Knowledge Centre.
- Roman Pichler’s blog - articles around agile product management.
- Adventures with Agile blog, where you will find content around the evolution of organisations through large scale Agile adoption.
- Ben Linders’ site - articles around Agile, Lean, quality and defect prevention, governance and continuous improvement. (He writes in English and Dutch.)
- Leading Answers, a blog around leadership and Agile Project Management ideas.
- Pawel Brodzinski’s Software Project Management blog - Lean, Agile and Kanban.
- Agile Testing with Lisa Crispin, ‘Providing Practical Agile Testing Guidance’.
- Scrumology, centred around developing high performance agile software teams.
- Agile Management blog by VersionOne.
- Lean Essays - The Lean Mindset, by Mary Poppendieck
- Agile Scout, a resource and news site for anyone interested in finding out about Agile software development methods and Agile tools.
Is there any other Agile blog that you like to read and would add to this list? Share your recommendation in the Comments box below.