Just like every year, once we're past summer, we are facing a busy schedule of events in the Agile space. In this blog post, we are listing several of these key events, where we hope to see some of you.
If you plan to attend or know of other events, drop us a line in the comments section.
Agile Prague Conference, 12-13 September 2016 | Prague, Czech Republic
Set in the lovely Czech capital, Agile Prague features keynote speakers such as David Larabee (USA), Gojko Adzic (Serbia), Mark Layton (USA), Woody L. Zuill (USA). In total, the conference schedule will feature over 30 speakers from around the world, with talks spread over two parallel tracks. The talks address different seniority levels - managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile Coaches, and more.
Themes addressed during the conference include:
- Agile organisation and management (managers, Scrum Masters, Coaches, ...)
- People and Agile (Performance management, People development, Coaching, Facilitation, ...)
- Business (Product Owners, business, product management, ...)
- Technical (development, testing, architecture, ..)
- General (Agile, Lean, Scrum, Kanban, ... ).
Agile open mic night, 21 September 2016 | London
An event for and with the Agile community, which encourages you to host a talk on a topic of your choice. Agile practitioners, from newbies to experts, can compete for the prize: a ticket to Agile Testing Days in Germany, plus a speaking slot in the conference schedule.
Themed 'Agile in software and beyond', the event is hosted by Visual Artist Stuart Young, in partnership with HPE on September 21st. You can find out more and sign up via Meetup.
Scrum Day Portugal, 11-12 October 2016 | Porto, Portugal
'How to innovate the Portuguese industry in the face of the digital economy?' - that's a question the event is aiming to answer. Speakers include Many Gonzalez (Scrum Alliance), Hugo Lourenço (Agile 21), Peter Measey (Radtac), Thomas Friend (Afterburner), Peter Stevens (Scrum Breakfast Club), and more. Some of the sessions you can attend:
- How is Digitalization Transforming the World of Work?
- How To Get There From Here? How To Transform Your Organization?
- How to build a High Reliable Organisation?
- As a Manager, Why Should I Care About Engineering Practices?
- An 'Innovation Through Visualisation' workshop with Stuart Young.
Global Scrum Gathering Munich, 17-19 October 2016 | Munich, Germany
Another exciting Scrum event, the Global Scrum Gathering® in Munich, promises to bring a full agenda of trending topics within the theme of "Business Agility: How to Thrive in a Constantly Changing Environment", such as:
- 'Scaling Agile at Zalando through Radical Agility' (Keynote talk)
- 'The Responsibility Process: Unlocking natural ability to live and lead with power' (Keynote talk)
- 'Dealing with Evolutionary Change'
- 'Impact Mapping with Innovation Games'
- 'Scrum meets Management 3.0: How to apply the latest management ideas to strengthen Scrum'
- ...and many more.
SAFe Summit, 25-28 October 2016 | Denver, Colorado
"All things SAFe, all in one place" - the SAFe Summit combines the two-day SAFe Summit, the SAFe Summit Training Day, and the Partner Day. No matter if you want to attend the learning and networking event for every level of SAFe practitioners, explore key topics in-depth, or meet the other SAFe partners, it's all in one place - and that is Denver, Colorado.
Speakers at the summit include nothing but great names you'd expect to see at this SAFe event: Dean Leffingwell, Alex Yakyma, Richard Knaster, Drew Jemilo, Inbar Oren, Jennifer Fawcett, and more.
For information on the talks & topics, view the full schedule here.
Live illustration at all events with Stuart Young
If you follow us, you may already know Stuart is our rockstar when it comes to live illustration at events and conferences. How else can you call someone who listens to a talk and, at the same time, emphasises the key points of that talk live, creating an engaging and dynamic canvas?
Find out more about Stuart's work here.